‘The Waste Land’ is a major work of modernist literature. Written in the aftermath of the First World War, Eliot’s poem describes the disorganization and collapse of society- Perrry Schein
Classes over the term break. 1st Monday will be for revision. 2nd Tuesday will be the practice exam and SAC for U4AOS2.
The PREP over the break is:
- Revise All the Pretty Horses and write practice close analysis
- Come to two holiday classes
- Complete the ‘poem task’
It seems the social media savvy foreign minister backflipped on the late-night blocking spree she went on some months ago, when #blockedbybishop started trending.
She was certainly far more gracious this time, sparking an “emoji-nal” follow-fest while keeping her emoji game strong.- Liz Burke
The PREP for the break is:
- Complete and submit any of the major assessment tasks for U2AOS1. [Timeline, Ad Comparison & Scrapbooks]
- Complete the set pre-readings [Due Monday week 1]
[Shylock] seems the depositary of the vengeance of his race; and though the long habit of brooding over daily insults and injuries has crusted over his temper with inveterate mis-anthropy, and hardened him against the contempt of mankind, this adds but little to the triumphant pretensions of his enemies.- Hazlitt
I will be at school on Monday 21st (9-12) for a revision session and Tuesday 29th (9-12) for a practice exam. You are very welcome to join and get some help with stuff, and even complete a practice essay.
The PREP for the term break is:
- Develop revision resources for yourself that you can put up everywhere at home and will see ALL THE TIME
- Know the play well, re-read if need be
- Be sure you know the process to follow before you start writing.
- Read the poems I have been handing out.