Hello and welcome to Y11 English Language.
I was extremely pleased to see the great efforts everyone was making in class yesterday and am very much looking forward to a great year learning about the crazy language we call English.
Your PREP for this week is as follows:
- Check the holiday PREP post and complete as much as you can.
- Complete your summary notes of the textbook we started yesterday and go on to read and take notes on the next section in preparation for Monday’s class. (pages 34-43)
- As you are taking notes be sure to add any unfamiliar words to you glossary 🙂
- Organise your folder for classes.
Here are the lesson plans for this week for anyone who couldn’t attend or wants to check over what we did -> Y11 English Language Lessons T1W1
Don’t forget that I will be running a class on Thursday at lunch for people to come in to complete any PREP they need to or ask questions.
If you get stuck on anything please email me ASAP, rather than wait until we have class to let me know.
Greetings upon your return to our journey of literary learning!
I wanted to start by telling everyone who has sent me their reviews of Chinatown that you are awesome! It was great to see how quickly you got onto it after classes this week! Also, if you did it over the break, you are most certainly awesome, too.
The PREP for this week is as follows:
- Check the post for holiday PREP and complete as much of that as you possibly can.
- Read the chapter from the textbook on Film and take some summary notes.
- Download the study design from VCAA site and print the outcomes for Unit 3 &4 to put into your folder.
- Arrange your folder for class on Monday.
Here are the lesson plans for this week and for our first class next week for anyone who was away or wants to go over what we did -> Y12 Literature Lessons W1T1
Please keep doing your best to complete all of the set PREP tasks, and if you aren’t sure of something, email me or comment on this post ASAP, rather than wait to tell me in class.
Also, don’t forget that there will be a class at lunch on Thursdays for people to get reading or PREP completed. Or just for any general assistance or inquiries about class work.
Hello to everyone,
I hope that you have all enjoyed the break as much as I have.
I am posting this as a reminder that we have only a short time until classes resume and that your holiday PREP is due to be handed in at the start of your first class for the year. I am expecting everyone will complete the set tasks on time.
I am well aware that a lot of you will have already made a start, and thank you for your conscientiousness.
Please feel free to email me or comment here with any questions.