Here is some of the advice I gave for your exam. Hope it helps.
Hi everyone, here’s the PREP.
- Go for 2 more entries in your obs book.
- Complete another task from the witness assignment
- Catch up on any work you missed from classes -> Classwork – T4W4
Hey, this is the PREP,
- Two articles in obs book, pertaining to ‘Identity and Belonging’.
- 1 item from the task matrix assignment, which is here ->witness task matrix
- Access http://www.vcestudyguides.com/guides/context/identity-and-belonging to get some ideas on possible prompts and responses.
- Find and bring in one example of a creative or persuasive response to ‘identity and belonging’ on Tuesday
Howdy do? Here’s the PREP.
- Do some research on the film Witness to find out some stuff about the film before we watch it.
- Complete four entries in your obs book based articles/news you find that relates to ‘belonging’. You should discuss how this relates to or says something about belonging in a couple of paragraphs.
- Find an example of one of the various options for a context response and bring it to class on Tuesday 15th
Feel free to check out part d of the almanac here: http://redspacerocket.com/almanac/
Here is a map of the elements of a context essay, you may find it helpful;
your PREP for Thursday’s class is:
Connect the Dots by looking at similarities and differences between the three texts we have studied in the ways that ‘Identity and Belonging’ is represented. Use the following things to help.
- Prompts list https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uC44bxctwQXhjIXMQQxbrfed0_mjFqQ0Gh7klh_uZXI/edit?usp=sharing
- Obs book
- Identity and belonging summary document https://docs.google.com/document/d/11hA4NRVSI-5YRKfvz4yk6B-C5yYHv4lismeKa-7KAQw/edit?usp=sharing
Also, look through posts for English and complete previously set tasks, search through the bottom of the page.
Good day,Here is a link to a document summarising some of the issues/ideas/concepts related to ‘Identity & Belonging’.
Have a read, take some notes and post them in a comment on this thread.
Let’s get the ideas flowing.
Here is your PREP for this week, due on Tuesday 26th
- Finish reading the book
- Be sure to make notes on how the context plays out – our environment shapes who we are.
- Go to blog and contribute to documents. https://bluebananabread.wordpress.com/category/english/
- Read the almanac Part D: Context expository response and write a short list of the things that you can already do well; at http://redspacerocket.com/almanac/
Enjoy your weekends and feel free to email me with any questions,
Howdy Y11 English team! Here’s this week’s PREP, due on Tuesday 12th
- Make an entry in the Obs book.
- Set up a wallwisher or titanpad on an assigned character and email me the link
- Add to the Montana 1948 form on this blog
- Read pp. 80-130 (bare minimum)
- Take detailed notes on specific incidents in the text. Record page numbers and quotes where possible.