Greetings to the blog, Y11’s.
Please find the lesson plans from Transition here -> Classwork – Transition
Your Holiday homework instructions are here -> U1 Transition PREP
My expectations are;
- You will complete the set PREP before our first class next year
- Everyone will read the collection of Australian short stories that you were provided with
- Everyone will read a novel of their own and complete the two tasks assigned for this in the Holiday Homework
- If you borrowed a copy of Scission you should read that for extra knowledge of short stories
- If you need help or have a question you will post here, or email me
Have a great holidays,
Creative Response – Commentary
Creative_response – Criteria
Creative REsponse – Example Final Draft
These three documents are very useful resources to guide your work, you will need to read through them yourself though.
Hi, guys, this week’s PREP is;
- To complete and post your story analysis by MONDAY. Just focus on one or two major features/techniques/themes from the story to make it easier.
- Write down some story ideas and come in with them on Monday, ready to receive some feedback.
- Come in with a list of 10 high-value words used in a sentence to describe one of the stories.
- Catch up on any missed classwork -> Classwork – T4W4
Yo, PREP time, sorry for the lateness,
- Complete the previous PREP tasks
- Work on your assigned story and develop some insights, an interpretation or key notes, in preparation for next class. List is attached with scans of posters at the bottom.
- Here is the work we completed in class on Monday -> Classwork – T4W3
- Posters from roundtable & assigned stories are here -> Short stories – roundatable
- Now would be the time to start your revision for the exam. Remember the techniques from Advisory/Elevate education. See me with any queries.
Avast, landlubbers! PREP ahoy!
- Finish reading stories by Baynton and Lawson, be sure to have some nice notes on each.
- You could also read Scission, or any other short stories to develop your familiarity with this style.
- Prepare for a short three minute presentation of your research into short stories.