Your PREP this week is as follows;
- Procure and bring to class an opinion/persuasive article of your own choosing. (Tues 7th)
- Read Act 3 & 4 of Romeo & Juliet (act 3 by Thurs 2nd, act 4 by Tues 7th)
- Look at these two options for how you might like to take notes, which we discussed in class today. You could take your own notes using either of these systems, or show me your own style. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4Gv4r6GUn9cVjFGb0thXzdCd3c/edit?usp=sharing
- Have a listen to the special, ‘Romeo, thou art a goose,’ edition of the WHC podcast featuring three of the college’s most powerful minds and myself, talking about the issues dealt with in the text. THIS WILL BE SUPER HELPFUL IN DEVELOPING YOUR OWN INTERPRETATION. (hint hint) 😉 http://whclearn.libsyn.com/episode-10-romeo-and-juliet-special-edition
follow this link to access the document for today’s activity 🙂
Answer the following questions please and then post them. Make sure you have the song title and your name in the table of contents to make for easy searching.
- What song did you choose?
- What do you think the song is telling us?
- What are some literary features in the lyrics?
- What are some of the filmic features used while the song was playing?
This week’s PREP for English will be:
- Read Act 2 from R&J. A good idea would be to take some note using the Cornell method, as we discussed in class today.
- Find an opinion article, as discussed in today’s class.
Have a good week,
these are the scenes you will need to read before class on Tuesday.
- Act 1 Scene 1 part 2, pp. 30-31
- Act 1 scene 2, pp. 34-5
- Act 1 scene 3, pp. 38-9
- Act 1 scene 4, pp. 42-3
- Act 1 scene 5, pp. 47-9
While you read it would be a good idea to take some notes, using the Cornell method, for each scene. these will be helpful to you in class. Also, dont forget to check my last post for English for the other PREP tasks.
Here is a reminder of the PREP work for class this week:
- The research task is now overdue, please complete it ASAP. The required information is posted in the holiday homework post.
- Find an opinion piece from a newspaper and bring it to class on Thursday 18th.
- Research quotes from Shakespeare’s plays, choose on that you think is tricky and worth unpacking and bring it to class on Thursday 18th.
This is important PREP and needs to be completed, so please be diligent and conscientious with these short tasks,
Sincere and formal greetings,
Your PREP this week is as follows:
- Complete your presentation in readiness to deliver it on Wednesday 17th
- Attempt to interpret the lyrics of the song that you have chosen as per my short example. On top of what I did, you should also list the literary techniques that you notice in the song lyrics. This will be due on Monday 22nd
All the best for your self-directed endeavors in learning this week,