This one goes out to those of you who need to complete this assessment;
You will need to come see me to arrange a time to complete this, your options are –
- Tomorrow during tutorial
- Friday during advisory
- Monday during class time (but only if absolutely necessary, because you like my classes so much and don’t want to miss one 🙂 )
I heard a PREP post when I died, and here it is;
- Be prepared for the Film Review Assessment! Make sure that you have good quality hand-written notes, know how you will be marked (see the post, ‘One Night the Moon – film review info’) & a copy of the song lyrics (these can be printed). One Night The Moon – Song lyrics
- Read through the set of Indigenous poems that were handed out today and make some initial observations for each one, just like we did today. You may like to read through the ‘why study poetry’ pdf to get some ideas. (Due Monday 3rd June)
- Ask questions, of anything really, but mostly of me if you aren’t sure what to do.
A PREP post, by any other name, would still smell just as sweet…
here’s the PREP for this week:
- Access a quality movie review of a film f your choice, then watch my tutorial of what a review should be. You should compare my views, with your own and assess the review that you have found.
- Find 5 movie reviews that you think are exceptional and post links to them as a comment on this post. The point of this is to share our knowledge and resources, please post these before Sunday night, so that we all have time to check these out.
- Make sure you have some good quality notes on the film to refer to for the essay; focus on what happened, song lyrics and camera/editing techniques used.
- Check out this sheet to see how your film review will be marked: Film Review Feedback Sheet
in the case that I am not in class tomorrow, here are the documents you will need and a video to guide your endeavors in class.
Romeo and Juliet Essay Feedback
Romeo & Juliet Assessment Marking
Here is this week’s PREP;
- Work through your checklist to make sure that you are prepared for the text response essay assessment next Tuesday 28th May. My recommendation is that you have a good set of text notes and have worked through the possible prompts on pp. 156-7 in the book brainstorming ideas for each.
- Write a practice response essay to a prompt of your choosing from this list and get it to me so you can receive some feedback prior to Tuesday.
- Find an opinion/persuasive piece from the newspaper and list all of the techniques used that you can find, due Thursday 30th May. Check here for lists of techniques: https://bluebananabread.wordpress.com/2013/05/09/workshop-persuasive-techniques-glossaries/
- Check out the workshops page and watch some video tutorials 🙂
- Come to the lunchtime class on Friday if you want/need some help with anything.
This is a video tutorial trying to explain how you could write a decent movie review.
Here’s the pdf
workshop – what goes in a review