Hi everyone, it’s late, but here is this week’s PREP;
1.Work on your checklist, this is your responsibility to work through and complete the tasks that you think will help.
2.Look through the blogroll and the ‘workshops’ page to find assorted attached documents to help you.
3.If possible, watch the film, as it will help you understand the basics of the text and give you something to compare your knowledge with, because all of us know that Baz’s interpretation is a bit different to the actual text of the play.
4.Come to Tuesday’s lunchtime class, or email me, if you need a hand with anything or would like some feedback on a task that you have done.
Have a great weekend,
Hi all, these are the notes from the workshop on drawing insights, hope you find them useful 🙂
workshop – drawing insights
Here’s the info covered in the in-class workshop at your requests, I hope you find it useful 🙂
workshop – text response essay structure
check out the video tutorial too!
Please use the attached rubrics to assess the paragraphs attached. Once you have done this, make a list of;
- What you think was done well in each paragraph.
- What you would improve, and examples of how you would improve it.
- What skills that you want to apply to your own writing.
Body paragraph rubric
Introductions & Conclusions Rubric
Examples of Intro and body paragraph
here is the what you can be doing to prepare for the upcoming assessment:
- Work through and complete the items in your checklist, if you were absent today (15/05), check with a classmate or me to find out what this is.
- Complete the online workshop on Intro and body paragraphs in the workshop section to improve your essay writing skills.
- Watch One Night the Moon again and add to the notes you’ve taken. I have a copy if you need to borrow it.
- Attend the lunchtime class on Friday and Tuesday if you want a hand with anything or some feedback on what you’ve done.
- Remember that all students are expected to attend the cross country day. If you attend and are not competing, we will have a walking Lit group and discuss this most wonderful subject at length.
here are the document that I showed you on the projector with the instructions, marking guide and things to include in a film review.
One Night the Moon assessment task
Film Review Feedback Sheet
Workshop – what goes in a review
thought I would try something different, so here’s part 1 of this week’s PREP in video form!
Hi everyone, here is this week’s PREP.
- Finish reading the play and be developing your notes on the scenes.
- Have a listen to the two podcasts: ‘Romeo, thou art a goose’ http://whclearn.libsyn.com/episode-10-romeo-and-juliet-special-edition and ‘O’Meara’s take on good presenting’ http://whclearn.libsyn.com/episode-13-the-public-speaking-special-edition.
- Get a hold of an opinion article for Tuesday’s class.
- Look at the documents that I will upload on persuasive techniques. https://bluebananabread.wordpress.com/2013/05/09/workshop-persuasive-techniques-glossaries/
Hi all, please take a look at the following glossaries and the, soon to be attached, video tutorial:
Insight – analysing persuasive language
Using Language to Persuage – list
list and article