There is a kinship between the Oresteia and ourselves; a mutual need to recognize the fragility of our culture, to restore some reverence for the Great Mother and her works, and especially to embrace the Furies within ourselves, persuading them, perhaps, to invigorate our lives. – Fagles
The PREP this weekend is:
- Post your ‘stolen style’ sentences as a comment on this post [ASAP]
- Complete some self-guided revision of ‘Agamemnon’
- Email me your poem resource [Due Monday]
‘The Waste Land’ is a major work of modernist literature. Written in the aftermath of the First World War, Eliot’s poem describes the disorganization and collapse of society- Perrry Schein
Classes over the term break. 1st Monday will be for revision. 2nd Tuesday will be the practice exam and SAC for U4AOS2.
The PREP over the break is:
- Revise All the Pretty Horses and write practice close analysis
- Come to two holiday classes
- Complete the ‘poem task’
It seems the social media savvy foreign minister backflipped on the late-night blocking spree she went on some months ago, when #blockedbybishop started trending.
She was certainly far more gracious this time, sparking an “emoji-nal” follow-fest while keeping her emoji game strong.- Liz Burke
The PREP for the break is:
- Complete and submit any of the major assessment tasks for U2AOS1. [Timeline, Ad Comparison & Scrapbooks]
- Complete the set pre-readings [Due Monday week 1]
Hey everyone, I’m not in today so please read the attached document to see what I expect everyone to be doing for today’s session -> Week 8 Session 1
One of the symbols that critics seized upon was the enduring image of the cowboy in American culture. In short, this second branch of criticism highlighted the loss of an ‘old way,’ and the painful extinction of American pastoralism—the idolized rural lifestyle.
The PREP for this week is:
- Fill out Revision table with views and values presented with relation to journeys [by Monday]
- Read through final lines of ‘A game of chess’, identify the reference and write a paragraph about how this is a motif reflected throughout the poem. [due Friday]
- Complete Week 7 pre-readings [due Friday]
- Complete evaluation tasks 1&2 [due Thursday]