There is a kinship between the Oresteia and ourselves; a mutual need to recognize the fragility of our culture, to restore some reverence for the Great Mother and her works, and especially to embrace the Furies within ourselves, persuading them, perhaps, to invigorate our lives. – Fagles
The PREP this weekend is:
- Post your ‘stolen style’ sentences as a comment on this post [ASAP]
- Complete some self-guided revision of ‘Agamemnon’
- Email me your poem resource [Due Monday]
‘The Waste Land’ is a major work of modernist literature. Written in the aftermath of the First World War, Eliot’s poem describes the disorganization and collapse of society- Perrry Schein
Classes over the term break. 1st Monday will be for revision. 2nd Tuesday will be the practice exam and SAC for U4AOS2.
The PREP over the break is:
- Revise All the Pretty Horses and write practice close analysis
- Come to two holiday classes
- Complete the ‘poem task’
It seems the social media savvy foreign minister backflipped on the late-night blocking spree she went on some months ago, when #blockedbybishop started trending.
She was certainly far more gracious this time, sparking an “emoji-nal” follow-fest while keeping her emoji game strong.- Liz Burke
The PREP for the break is:
- Complete and submit any of the major assessment tasks for U2AOS1. [Timeline, Ad Comparison & Scrapbooks]
- Complete the set pre-readings [Due Monday week 1]
[Shylock] seems the depositary of the vengeance of his race; and though the long habit of brooding over daily insults and injuries has crusted over his temper with inveterate mis-anthropy, and hardened him against the contempt of mankind, this adds but little to the triumphant pretensions of his enemies.- Hazlitt
I will be at school on Monday 21st (9-12) for a revision session and Tuesday 29th (9-12) for a practice exam. You are very welcome to join and get some help with stuff, and even complete a practice essay.
The PREP for the term break is:
- Develop revision resources for yourself that you can put up everywhere at home and will see ALL THE TIME
- Know the play well, re-read if need be
- Be sure you know the process to follow before you start writing.
- Read the poems I have been handing out.