“At night! I think of my piano in its ocean grave.” – Ada McGrath
The PREP for the weekend is as follows;
- Complete ‘ways to use ER’ task
- Complete ‘key scenes’ task
- Complete week 3 pre-readings
Please refer to the OneNote to find these tasks, email me if you don’t have access and I will help you out.
just wanted to post here that I have web-messaged you the tasks for tomorrow. Please check the blog on Friday for the PREP for the weekend.
Task- ways to use the ER (complete this first)
Task- key scenes (complete this second) this also will cover Friday’s class
the PREP this week is as follows;
- Complete any unfinished tasks
- Have 20 metalanguage terms in your glossary
- Pre-read pp. 47-54 in Love the Lingo and answer guiding questions in this document -> Readings- Week 3
It is really important for everyone to ensure that you are completing the set PREP this week.
“‘Twere good he had God’s patience, for silence affects everyone in the end. The strange thing is, I don’t think myself silent.” – Ada McGrath
The PREP this week is as follows;
- Pre-read pp. 163-167 of textbook
- Consider how the features of a review apply to the one you have chosen [table on page 165] make note of anything that stands out to you.
- Create a table or mindmap explaining the viewpoints and the different types of assumptions the textbook outlines. [pages 165-167]
- Pre-read pp. 67-78 of textbook
- List the different types of setting/context with a brief description in your own words
- Explore/explain what ideology is and why it is important
- Do you believe all of these elements of context can/should be considered as being independent of each other?
- Complete questions 3&4 from activity at top of pg. 174 to develop the analysis of your review
- Use this as practice for writing statements
- Complete overdue tasks
- Be sure to be reading set texts ahead of time (The Broken Shore is next)
Email if you need assistance.
Some excellent questions to prompt your thinking about the film!
But seriously, putting her hand in the mud is actually pretty silly…
the PREP for the weekend is:
- Pre-read and summarise pages 174-175 on how to structure/plan this type of response
- Summarise the information you read
- Record any questions you have as you read this
- Have a go at the analysing a review task (if you’ve got time) -> Task- analysing your review
See ya, bye.
Sorry for the late post everyone, I done goofed.
Tonight’s PREP is:
- Find a couple of short extracts of writing from an examiner’s report that you think are amazing.
- Write a short response explaining what the writer does that is so good
- Complete overdue PREP tasks [you must now attend a session at lunch on Monday, NON-OPTIONAL]
the PREP due on Tuesday 10th Feb is:
Week 2 Lesson 1-
Week 2 Lesson 2-
I know this is a long list, but most of it should have been covered in classes. Also make sure you are reading Jasper Jones if you haven’t done that yet.