“And I like large parties. They’re so intimate. At small parties there isn’t any PREP.” – Jordan Baker
This week’s PREP is as follows;
- Read the novel, watch the film and take some notes.
- Complete a practice compare/contrast essay.
- Complete your metalanguage definitions for the padlet.
- Choose a scene you think we should do a close comparison of between novel and film.
- Pre-read chapter 3 in the textbook on comparing texts
- EXTENSION – research the ideas and concerns addressed in Gatsby and the author’s views and values, by looking at study guides and reviews of the novel and the film.
Here are the lesson plans from this week -> Y11 Literature Lessons – T3Week2