“Kids believe in Santa; adults believe in PREP.” – Cate Kennedy
Please check out this -> How to be successful in Literature
This is of course a very basic outline, and doesn’t take into account the many strategies we have learned this year, however this should be the bare minimum of what we need to be doing in Y12 Lit to be successful. I know that the majority of you are doing this stuff already, we just need to be sure that we are consistently making these things happen, week-in-week-out.
The PREP is as follows;
- Begin re-reading Dark Roots and adding to your notes
- Read through ‘The Hollowmen’ and make some notes
- Complete any overdue stuff
- Pre-read section of textbook on setting and contexts (pages 67-78)
- EXTENSION – Pre-read section of text on creative responses (pages 180-199)
- EXTENSION – begin thinking about/planning how you might respond creatively to Cate Kennedy’s short stories or Eliot’s poetry. (you have the power of choice here). check out this link for a couple of samples http://www.insightpublications.com.au/shopcontent.asp?type=literature-for-senior-students
We will be moving into creative responses to texts immediately following the GAT, so you must be up to speed with this stuff by the beginning of week 8.