Watch this before class on Monday. I wont be there, so here are the instructions – Monday 12th August
Here are the words and pics from the back of the video – Tutorial – Binary opposition
Salutations and greetings, here is this week’s PREP;
- Reflect on your out-of-school preparation & revision for this subject, specifically, this last assessment. How much did you do? How thorough were you? Who’s help/advice did you seek?
- We start Maestro on Tuesday 13th. You should finish reading the text if you haven’t already. You should finish your chapter summaries and character profiles by this date. I will be checking to see who has and hasn’t done this and will be arranging a mandatory class at lunchtime for those who have not met this expectation.
- Fid out what the word ‘Maestro’ actually means. How is this connected/related to the novel?
WAZZZUP!?!?!?!? The PREP this week is;
- Continue improving your chapter summary and character profile, think about what you learned about how to write effective notes & include the knowledge you have gained about narrative aspects and structure. I feel that only a small number of you have used class time effectively to do this, if you are one of that small number than I congratulate you on being awesome.
- I will post a video looking at themes, concerns and ideas, you should watch it.
- You should also do some research about what these are in Gatsby.
- Think about (re-watch if you need to) the American’t Dream by Suli Breaks. How is this a satire? How does it relate to Gatsby?
- If you have missed class at any point, this is what was covered; Y11 Literature T3W4
Hi everyone, this week’s PREP is;
- Watch the video tutorial ‘Analysing multiple persuasive texts’ to help understand the structure of this type of response.
- Prepare your notes for Tuesday’s assessment, of this type. I suggest; the almanac, techniques and tones lists and anything else you know will help you.
- If you have not yet done so, finish reading Maestro.
- Email or see me for any feedback or assistance ASAP.
Check out this link for some useful notes and insights on the text 😀
Hey ma! The PREP is here.
- Watch the tutorial on ‘parts of a narrative before Monday’s class.
- go over the chapter and character summaries you put on the google doc, https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ns92TUS_QEh_8ElCRTqfVvP0Fc3eDemsjsSFjv3aRPM/edit?usp=sharing, and on padlet, The Great Gatsby Character Profile Task. Make your posts more effective by following the tips Ash Ketchum (study sensei) gave you.
- Find and respond to ‘my favorite passage’
- If you are due to complete the Critical Exegesis assessment task, be sure that you collate and prepare your notes prior to walking in, you can even plan your response!!!
- What we covered in class this week is here; T3W3 classes