your PREP for Thursday’s class is:
Connect the Dots by looking at similarities and differences between the three texts we have studied in the ways that ‘Identity and Belonging’ is represented. Use the following things to help.
Also, look through posts for English and complete previously set tasks, search through the bottom of the page.
To the people, ‘I shall bring it all to light!’
Here’s the PREP for this week, it’s especially important as this will be your main supporting document in preparation for the assessment piece.
- Work on notes document:
- Adding examples from the text.
And of course, make every effort to complete any incomplete tasks from previous weeks.
Good day, Valids.
here is the rest of the PREP for this week. Drawing links between texts for this context study is an important part of the outcomes in this unit, hence, it is important that you make an effort to complete this work and see/email me promptly if you get stuck.
- Work on notes for Gattaca and complete summary section drawing connections to other texts (True Grit & Montana 1948, and any other things you have seen or experienced).
If you have not completed these be sure that you do, they are still relevant.
- Go through English PREP posts and complete old tasks, they will develop your understanding.
this is the first part of your PREP this week:
- Write an obs book entry
- Watch the trailer for the movie Gattaca, list the ways that you think it relates to our context (Identity & Belonging). Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3-UC-VEaFI
- If you look at the ‘understanding the context’ post on the blog, it lists some discussion points for you to draw on.
If you have not completed the following, they are still relevant and should be completed:
- Finish reading Montana 1948. The primary text must be referred to in assessment response.
- Go to blog and contribute to the ‘Understanding the context’ document and the spreadsheet by answering the questions on the form. https://bluebananabread.wordpress.com/category/english/
- Read the Almanac: part D, to assist the development of your response writing skills. http://redspacerocket.com/almanac/
- Make entries in the Obs book drawing on things that you see, hear, read about or experience in your own life.
- Ask questions! either through comments on the google documents, or in comments on the related posts in this blog. I will always respond with something intended to be helpful.
The first assessment piece is not that far off… if you haven’t been doing much homework, there is still time to get motivated and do some tasks that will help improve your skills, knowledge and ultimately, your results.
this document will help you to understand the language that surrounds the structure of tragedy plays. I have also included how it is filled out in Oedipus Rex.
Please read this and familiarise yourself with the terms.
Lovely day, what?
This will be your homework for this coming week, I cannot stress the importance of doing your best to keep up with it any more than I already have.
- Read the almanac Part C: text response at http://redspacerocket.com/almanac/ and create a diagram explaining how to write a good essay response or write a list of things you will need to do.
- Write a journal entry.
- Help organise the note taking document by putting your contributions in the right section… Maybe even add a couple of things. (include name please) https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AiZR61DI_q5Ob7fbwBe157Ukr4SfJvNQuhYz4JQ9A3o/edit?usp=sharing
- Add to understanding features of text document, by listing a few words with a brief explanation of how they work. (include name) https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sn0C32oyj4TJMPgXGac78HJL43lhCD3Oyc5oaogZ22A/edit?usp=sharing
And if you still have not done these, get them done:
- Finish reading the book.
- Find an interpretation/representation/version/part of Oedipus Rex being performed in some way and share the link through the blog. https://bluebananabread.wordpress.com/
- Read ‘3 ways to read a text’ and write a short response in the comments sharing your thoughts. https://bluebananabread.wordpress.com/
- Find a reference to, extract from, review or performance of the text for next class. https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1-qoI1uqAYbBzRlisxHEJKh08-DVEcAgo3RuD9TkUMUM/edit?usp=sharing
- Read the textbook chapter on drama and add your notes to the slideshow summary document (name in slide title please). https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1QT7loANx4Ih560RW1f69y3Hg9UYrW6mcXM1co-QqwkY/edit?usp=sharing
Charmed, I’m sure.